Find yourself tossing and turning, struggling to find the perfect spot for a good night rest?
Sleep is a vital component of a healthy lifestyle, and choosing the right mattress plays a pivotal role in ensuring a restful slumber.
With the wide selection of mattress options available, finding the perfect one that aligns with your specific needs can be overwhelming. Let’s dive into the world of mattresses and explore the different types and essential considerations that will lead you to restful nights and energized mornings.
The Different Mattress Types
|Innerspring||Medium to Firm||5-8 years||Budget to Luxury|
|Hybrid||Medium||8-10 years||Mid-Tier to Luxury|
|Memory Foam||Soft to Medium||8-10 years||Mid-Tier to Luxury|
|Gel-infused Foam||Soft to Medium||10-12 years||Mid-Tier to Luxury|
|Polyfoam||Soft to Medium||10-12 years||Mid-Tier to Luxury|
|Latex||Medium||10-12 years||Mid-Tier to Luxury|
Choosing between Spring, Foam or Hybrid
Understanding the different features is important before choosing a mattress that meets your preferred level of comfort.
Innerspring mattresses are the most traditional and widely known type. They are made up of a network of coils that provide support and bounce and layers of comfort material in between.
Who are they for? This type of mattress is recommended for stomach and back sleepers as well as those with back pain.
- Provides comfort with a solid back support
- Available in a range of firmness levels
- Includes budget-friendly choices
- Not long lasting compared to foam
- Older springs can start to make noises
- Provides less pressure relief on joints
Memory Foam Mattresses
Memory foam mattresses have become popular for their ability to take form of your body’s shape and relieve pressure points. With the different layers of dense foams, it is able to offer an extreme level of comfort and softness.
Tempur Pedic Pro Align – Medium
Who are they for? People looking for personalized comfort would prefer such a mattress compared to other types. In addition to side sleepers and those who experience joint pain.
- Absorbs motion for restless sleepers
- Less noise as there are no springs within the layers
- Have longer durability compared to spring mattresses
- Some may find the softness “sinks” them in
- Different mattresses may trap body heat differently
- Pricier option in comparison to other types
- May not provide enough support for certain sleepers
Hybrid Foam Mattresses
Hybrid Foam mattresses include a composition of springs and foam. The main support comes from layers of these components and working together to provide a different level of comfort and softness.
Beautyrest Harmony Lux
Who are they for? These are an excellent option for those whose preferences fall between what a foam mattress and a spring mattress offer. Couples may also decide on this option who prefer the support of a spring and comfort of the foam.
- Softer than springs without the “sinking” feeling of foam
- Typically quieter than spring option
- Regulates temperature better than foam as it has that combination
- Works for couples with different firmness preferences
- Higher-quality mattresses can be expensive
- Doesn’t absorb motion like foam
Ensure you get proper rest every night and invest in a mattress that best suits your comfort and preferences. Stop by Bracko Home and shop from a selection of mattresses offered by brands including Stearns & Foster, Tempur Pedic, Beautyrest and Kingsdown.